Friday 5 July 2013

Zucchini Blueberry Muffins

Hot muffins fresh from the oven with butter melting in!  Yum!

Today I tried grated zucchini in a muffin recipe.  I adapted a blueberry muffin recipe I had, adding the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients.  Blueberries are so fresh and juicy at this time of the year and the zucchini extends the batter.  Instead of the 12 muffins I usually get, I got 16.  They turned out moist and tender - a recipe I'll make again.

Wet Ingredients
2 eggs beaten well
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 small grated zucchini

Dry Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and only stir enough to mix - about 15 stirs.  Fill greased muffin cups very full.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.

And I'll bet the muffins will be even better next time if I remember to put in the sugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment