Friday 4 July 2014

Grilled Zucchini

I'm always looking for new ways to deal with zucchini.  I only have 2 plants but they are huge and I can see that once again, my limited ingenuity will be taxed.  Tonight's dinner was again from the garden with the exception of the steak.  It was my husband's turn to cook and he marinated a steak to grill on the barbecue.  He baked a couple of freshly harvested Pacific Russet potatoes and steamed snow peas to go with it.  I had a nice-sized zucchini and thought I'd try an oil-seasoning mix on them, which turned out quite tasty.  Even my husband, who is definitely not a zucchini lover, agreed that they were - well - okay!

Grilled Zucchini

Mix together very finely minced garlic, salt and cajun seasoning with olive oil.  Slice a medium-sized zucchini lengthwise into even "planks" and let the zucchini sit in the oil mixture while the barbecue heats up.  Grill the zucchini for about 5 minutes per side, until soft.

I made up the oil mixture several hours before dinner so that the garlic and spices could thoroughly infuse the oil.  My husband brushed the potatoes with some of this oil before he baked them since we like to eat the potato skins - and very nice they were too!

No comments:

Post a Comment