Monday 22 August 2016

First, Peel the Garlic

This morning I'm going to be making tomato soup.  A friend gave me a terrific recipe and it's on the blog here.  All the main ingredients come from my garden - tomatoes, onions, carrots - and a few spices.  Now the recipe doesn't actually call for garlic, but I'm adding it to this batch.

But first you have to peel the garlic.  And this year, with my garlic getting rust, the bulbs are small which makes peeling a royal pain!  But there's a solution.
To do it the quick and easy way, you need 2 metal or ceramic bowls.  I just had one metal bowl and a lid.
Next, separate the cloves.  The easy way do do this is to smack the bulb with the heel of your hand.
Now place the cloves in the bowl and cover with the other bowl (or in my case, the lid!)
Shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds and voila!  Peeled garlic ready to go!

Be sure to check out the tomato soup recipe - it's a winner!

1 comment:

  1. TITanium's Dog teeth implants - TITIAN ART
    These titanium teeth dog teeth are designed to titanium steel stimulate the growth of spongy teeth. Each teeth have a long lasting lasting impact ffxiv titanium nugget on the titanium dioxide formula skin and t fal titanium pan allows the

    ReplyDelete